The Xbox Two, known currently as Project Scarlett, is coming. Of that we are certain. When it comes time to cross into the next generation of Xbox, there’s going to be some serious expectations. In the meantime, we’re here to speculate and report.
Learn more about the release date, price, concept designs, specs and all things XBox Two.
- Microsoft and Google are Pushing Ahead With Streaming Services
- Phil Spencer Confirms The Next Xbox is in Development
- How Xbox 2 Could Use Cloud Technology
- Don't Trust Those 2019 Xbox 2 Rumors
- What Will Microsoft do When Sony Announces The PS5?
- Is Microsoft Finished With Console Generations?
- Xbox One X, Numerous Games Announced at E3 2017!
- How XBox One X Runs Forza at 4K/60FPS
- XBox One X Specs Leak as Developer Speaks Out
- Can XBox One X Do 4K Gaming With 6 Teraflops?
- XBox One X Promises "True" 4K, "Hi-Fidelity" VR
- Phil Spencer Says 'Don't Worry' About XBox Two Pricing
- XBox and PS4 Pro: The Year-Long Gap
- XBox One X Won't Be Microsoft's Last Console
- XBox Two Fan Favorite Design
- Why XBox Two Will Use the Oculus Rift
- Fru Proves That Kinect Deserves Another Chance on XBox Two
- Xbox One S is Coming, But You Should Wait For XBox Two
- Why XBox Two is Xbox 2 in Disguise
- Vote for your favorite Design!
- Xbox One S, XBox Two Confirmed
- Microsoft Says 'No Thank You' To Xbox 1.5
- Should Microsoft Announce Xbox 1.5?
- XBox Two Will Release Before the HoloLens
- XBox Two Confirmed!
- Game Developers Already Planning For XBox Two
- GTA VI Releasing on the XBox Two?
- How Does Windows 10 on a Console Affect XBox Two?
- Will the XBox Two Ditch Split-Screen Multiplayer?
- Microsoft Lays Off 60 Members of the HoloLens Team
- XBox Two Halo Theme
- Optical Drive? You Decide
- Former Xbox Boss Says There Will be Another Generation of Consoles
- New XBox Two Concept Design impresses
- Will the Xbox Two Have a Kinect Sensor?
- Is Microsoft Buying Out AMD?
- Why XBox Two Needs to Happen Soon
- Will the XBox Two Have a Hard Drive, or Will it Be Cloud-Based?
- What will be different on XBox Two?
- Gaming in The Year 2020
- What the HoloLens Means for the XBox Two
How The Xbox One X Factors Into Everything
When does the next generation Xbox become the current generation of technology? The Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 have taken console gaming on a great leap forward, but what will their next generation look like? The PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X are wildcards for the gaming industry. We’re not used to seeing consoles that exist within a generation. An Xbox slim, sure, but not a new console with more power.
The Xbox One X is Microsoft’s first attempt at an iterative console. It’s not the Xbox 2, but it is something new within the same generation. Microsoft calls it the Xbox Family. Your games will play on any version of the Xbox One, backwards and forward compatible.
The Xbox One X versions will offer 4K resolution and various enhancements that the developers can choose to add based on the extra power the system has over the standard Xbox One. It plays the same games, just a little better.
If Microsoft sat on the Xbox One hardware for another 2-3 years, they would be incredibly far behind the curve. The Xbox One X is meant to close that gap a little, but ultimately, there will be an Xbox 2 in the form of Project Scarlett.
The Xbox 2 Release Date: Microsoft’s Next-Gen Console
The Xbox One X released in holiday of 2017, so now we begin the wait for the next generation Xbox Two. How much longer do we need to wait? Microsoft will need to let this new console breathe and test these new waters before they take the next step.
A report from Thurrott revealed insider information that Micfosoft is current planning to release Xbox 2/Project Scarlett in 2020. Our Release Date Page is the ultimate place to keep track of the ongoing news and rumors.
Whether it’s a look at the past, or a glimpse into the future with quotes from major industry players, we’ll keep you up-to-date here.
Xbox 2 Concept Art: Form Meets Function
While the design of a console may not seem like much, today’s consumer has a very open living room with entertainment centers designed to show off their gadgets. Beyond the overall look of the console, we’ll also need to consider the functionality of its design.
How will it stay cool when the insides heat up during long gaming sessions? Will the controller change to match the new console? These are the big questions we’re asking on our concepts page.
Talented artists like Danny Haymond and David Hansson will bring the future of Xbox to life for all to see.
Xbox Two vs PS5
Console wars are a given when it comes to the game industry. Microsoft and Sony traded some serious blows during the months leading up to the Xbox One and PS4 release. There’s not doubt in my mind that they will come to blows again when the next generation consoles are on the horizon.
Our Xbox Two vs PS5 page is the place to find out how this epic battle will take place, and what it means for gamers. Come find out how the battle will go down!
Xbox 2 Specs: GPU, RAM, Hard Drives and Much More!
Are you the person who goes hunting for specs when a console is announced? Does the sound of teraflops get your disc drive spinning? You’ve come to the right place. Our Xbox Two specs page is where we dive into the details.
We’ll look at the Xbox One X and its insides first, then we’ll look at industry trends to find out what the next console could have under the hood. If it’s coming down the pipeline, we’re going to talk about it, so come join the conversation!
Xbox 2 Games: New Experiences and Old Friends
Microsoft has made it very clear that they want gamers to keep their games when they move forward. The big push forward with backwards compatibility on Xbox One is a sign of that. Whether you own an Xbox One, an S, or the new Xbox One X, every game works on all three now and going forward.
It’s an environment very similar to PC, where generational lines are blurred. The Xbox 2 will hopefully continue this trend and bring us a mixture of experiences both new and old.
We’ll have incredible new experiences and entries in our favorite franchises, but we’ll also have everything that came before. Find out more on our Xbox Two Games Page.
The End of The Xbox One Family
Microsoft refers to the Xbox One, the S, and the X as part of one Xbox Family. This means that you can play your games on any one of these consoles and use your accessories on each of them too. No one gets left behind.
It’s pretty exciting, especially when you look at the effort Microsoft has put into backwards compatibility. With a huge selection of Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles available to play on the current generation, the plan is to keep this compatibility moving forward.
Can they do it? Will they be able to transition to the Xbox 2 (Project Scarlett) and still keep everything backwards compatible? If anyone can do it, it’s them. With Phil Spencer at the head of the charge, the possibilities are endless.
Come check out our page on The End of the Xbox One to see how we believe Microsoft will make this important transition into the future.
Xbox Fans Unite!
Xbox 2 Gamers is about the future of Microsoft’s gaming console, but it’s also about the gamers who play on it. This is the place where we dream big and we want you to dream with us. What do you want from the next generation of gaming?
If Microsoft came here to read about what gamers want, what would you say to them? This is the place and the platform to do it! Come together fellow gamers and let’s not only predict the future, but shape it to our will.
Tell us what you want from the Xbox Two (currently codenamed Project Scarlett) in the comments!
Check these out: